10.7.08

Emile Henry Faitout


I thought I should talk about this item that is on sale at Williams Sonoma. Some of the advantages include that I have no idea how to pronounce what this is. I know that most people mispronounce the name of the crockery but what is a Faitout? I think it looks like a fancy soup bowl and I love it. I love that it is blue and so is my kitchen. I love that it is on sale. Something about items on sale makes me feel urgency to empty my pockets.

williamssonoma.com
Here is a description from Williams Sonoma:

In French, fait tout is translated as “does everything,” and this traditional ceramic casserole certainly lives up to the name. Ideal for baking and serving everything from Thanksgiving dressing to vegetables and other side dishes, the covered pot circulates heat and moisture during baking, then keeps foods warm at the table. The sturdy piece with integral handles is handcrafted of Burgundian clay to withstand the most extreme temperature changes, which enables it to be safely transferred from freezer to oven. The colorful glaze won’t chip or craze over time. Microwavable and dishwasher safe. 4.2-qt. cap.; 11" diam., 6 1/2" high.
General Information
Dishwasher, freezer, microwave, oven and broiler safe.
Never use abrasive cleaning products or scouring pads.
Total Cost: $49.99

0 comments: